A few of us in the lab have entered the redbull soap box derby. Hopefully we will get accepted! The is a bit more information here and a video…
I have had a beagle bone lying around for a while being neglected, so recently I decided to get it up and running and try out ubuntu, which the hope of developing some remote sensing/robot project. The beagle bone comes with a linux distribution Angstorm, which is nice simple os suited to arm based linux boards. I however wanted comforts, so have opted to install Ubuntu instead.
I recently helped out at FIRA aka robo world cup 2012. Botsport have done a great video coverage on youtube…
Finally I have some video footage of the exhibition we made some work for a couple of months ago. The project is described in my projects section here.
Im going to a festival next week where I need a costume. A few months back I picked up a clone trooper mask in a local supermarket in the sale.
I can’t just wear a mask, that is lazy… it needs a hit of robotics expertise, it needs to glow and change colour! I have been working on an atmel i2c system for a while, but time is short and a technician at work introduced me to this;
I’ve had a D-Link NAS enclosure for a while now with my movies and music on. It has an 800MHz ARM processor inside that you can take control of, and install things like Logitech Squeezebox Server for devices like logitech squeezeboxes or android devices with a squeezebox client. By installing fun_plug you can run scripts to start unix services from your NAS.
I have a few things to update with but I’ve been too busy. In the mean time, I have been trying to do some frequency analyses on my research project. This is a great tutorial;
Also, I have been working on making a shop to sell some laser cut products. I think it will be ready in a month(ish). Its all online, so if you wish, I can order to your hearts content. Il do a proper post soon.
This is where I work, and yesterday if you haven’t already seen it on the news, we had our official opening of the new lab. It is now the biggest robotics research facility in the UK and potentially Europe! Here is an extract from a BBC report, via robot-house.co.uk. The TACTIP project mentioned is my research project…
Using eclipse or visual studio I am used to using post build scripts to move or edit any files after building my code. Xcode does not make this quite as easy as just an option in project settings. It can be done though. In a recent post I talked about rpath and install_name_tool to correct any libs packaged in to the mac application bundle. Until now I would use a separate script outside of Xcode to make these changes once I had built my app. XCode offers a run script build phase, but this doesn’t run post build, so changing files that don’t exist yet with inevitably fail. There is a way round this to automate all processes in one go.